Showing 1–12 of 15 results
Dapoxetine is the generic version that is marketed under the predominant brand name Priligy. You can buy Dapoxetine online to alleviate the effect of Premature Ejaculation(PE). PE is one type of sexual difficulty found mainly in men in the age group of 18-64 years, resulting in quick ejaculation as compared to the partner.
Dapoxetine works as a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor which inhibits or blocks the serotonin transporter by increasing the action of serotonin in the postsynaptic aperture, leading to delayed ejaculation.
Originally it was fabricated as an antidepressant but its fast-acting properties like quick absorption & rapid elimination from the body made it acceptable to treat PE.
It can effectively delay ejaculation, providing men with better control over their sexual performance and reducing the distress associated with premature ejaculation. However, it is essential to note that Dapoxetine is not a cure for premature ejaculation but rather a temporary solution that helps manage the condition.
Before prescribing Dapoxetine, the doctor will run an examination to assess what is the severity of your PE. And, according to that, s/he will assign the administration of it. Check some of the ways that will help you to take Dapoxetine.
To have the best course of action take the medicine 30 minutes before you are planning to have sexual intercourse. Taking the tablet with a glass of water helps to avoid its bitter taste & the feeling of dizziness which is rare.
You can take it with or without food, but it completely depends on the doctor’s advice. A single tablet is enough to control the PE as more than that can lead to an overdose of it.
Follow the steps & inform your concerned doctor about any changes that you feel. Don’t switch to any other medicines or try to suddenly stop the use of the medicine without speaking to the doctor.
Dapoxetine Mechanism of Action
As earlier mentioned, Dapoxetine belongs to a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that acts on the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. Serotonin plays a crucial role in regulating mood and emotions, and its reuptake back into nerve cells is responsible for terminating its effects. Dapoxetine inhibits the reuptake of serotonin, increasing its availability in the synaptic cleft, which helps in delaying ejaculation.
When To Use
Below are the mentioned situations which indicate that you are affected by PE & should use Dapoxetine as a remedy.
- Ejaculating in less than 2 minutes during vaginal sex or with little penetration.
- The feeling of uncontrollable ejaculation persisted over 6 months.
Speak to a doctor if you feel these above-mentioned things.
When Not To Use
The use of Dapoxetine is not for everyone as it has the ability to cause severe side effects. Go through the below list that indicates when not to use Dapoxetine.
Go through the other contents of Dapoxetine to be sure that you don’t have allergies related to the use of it. There is a high chance of getting affected by allergies which can cause shortness of breath, swelling of the face, lips, or other parts of the body, along with rashes & itching in the chest.
- Monoamine Oxidase inhibitor (MAOI ) used to treat depression
- Thioridazine to treat schizophrenia
- Medicines related to serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRI), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA)), and other medicines including herbal products to treat depression
fungal infections or medicines to treat HIV
- Having heart issues
- A history of bleeding or blood clotting problems
- Kidney problems & severe liver problems
- Eye problems like glaucoma
- Prone to fainting or sudden low blood pressure
Talk to your regular healthcare provider before trying to use Dapoxetine to be on a safer side.
Precautions Before The Use
Carefully check all the necessary steps to be taken before associating yourself with the use of Dapoxetine. There are some conditions that exist where the use can adversely affect you.
- The use of recreational drugs like LSD, Ecstasy, or Benzodiazepines.
- Excessive use of alcohol can lead to causing severe dizziness that can affect your performance.
- Avoid driving any kind of vehicle which can lead to serious drowsiness & sometimes blurred vision.
- Dapoxetine contains lactose & sodium, so if you have any intolerance to these 2 contents then avoid using it or talk to the doctor.
Adhering to the guidelines or precautions will have a great impact on the use of Dapoxetine. So careful use is a good use.
Side Effects of Dapoxetine
The use of Dapoxetine has a wide range of side effect that is segregated into very common, common & uncommon. Check all the Dapoxetine side effects along with their categories.
Very Common side effects can be seen at the very beginning with the use of Dapoxetine.
- Feeling sick
Common side effects can be seen in most of the users though these are mild & short-term.
- Feeling restless & anxious
- Excessive sweating
- Difficulty sleeping
- Nasal congestion
Uncommon side effects are found in rare situations like taking place in 1 in 100 users.
- Feeling confused
- Abnormal heart rate
- Dilated pupils
If any of the above-mentioned side effects stay in the body for more than a week then consult your concerned healthcare provider. Don’t panic or try any other medicines to minimize the side effects because they can create drug-drug interactions.
Contraindications Of Drugs
Contraindication refers to the restriction of certain drugs which can react or work in a different way when used with another group of drugs. It is also known as drug-drug interaction that can lower the effectiveness of Dapoxetine. Below is a description of drugs that shouldn’t be used with Dapoxetine.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- St John’s wort
- Treating migraines
- Sleeping pills
These medicines are generally used for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, infections, and serious pain & are advised not to be taken with Dapoxetine. In case you have taken these medicines then wait for 14 days before you start with Dapoxetine.
- Ketoconazole and Itraconazole – For fungal infections
- Ritonavir, Saquinavir, Nelfinavir and Atazanavir – HIV preventives
- Telithromycin – Antibiotics treating infections
- Nefazodone – An antidepressant
If you have taken these above-listed medicines then wait for 7 days before starting the dosage of Dappoxetine.
The use of the below-listed drugs can have severe side effects leading to worsening of the current health condition if used with Dapoxetine. Consult with the doctor before using it.
- Heart problems, such as heart failure, heart valve problems, heart block, sick sinus syndrome, angina, or a history of heart attack.
- History of fainting
- History of bipolar affective disorder, mania or hypomania, or severe depression
- Other psychiatric illnesses such as schizophrenia
- Uncontrolled epilepsy
- Severe kidney or liver problems
- Having glaucoma
How To Store
Carefully keeping the medicine will help in long-lasting or better storage of it. Keep the medicine in a proper environment & don’t place it under direct sunlight or moisture which will affect the medicine from the inside.
- Keep it away from the children or place it in a childproof container. Keep this medicine in a place that is known to you only.
- If the medicine has expired then dispose of it in the proper place.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Are Dapoxetine & Priligy are same?
Yes, Dapoxetine & Priligy are the same. Priligy is the marketed product that contains Dapoxetine as the main ingredient.
What if Dapoxetine doesn’t work?
If dapoxetine doesn’t work then contact your concerned healthcare provider for any change in the medication. Don’t use any alternatives or any OTC medicines while seeking better medication.
Can I buy Dapoxetine online without a prescription?
No, you can’t buy Dapoxetine online or offline if you don’t have a valid prescription.
What is the minimum age group to use Dapoxetine?
Adults above 18 years of age are allowed to use Dapoxetine but only after a doctor’s checkup.
Can a normal healthy person without having PE use Dapoxetine?
Generally, it is considered not to use Dapoxetine in person without PE. For more clarified information talk with the doctor.