Showing 1–12 of 57 results
What is Sildenafil?
Sildenafil is one of the medications from the Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5-I) inhibitor class, that is used to treat erectile dysfunction, and pulmonary arterial hypertension in men. This medication is sold under different brand names, but mainly in Viagra, and Revatio. It is not completely proven that it is effective to treat sexual dysfunction in females. But women can buy Sildenafil online for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
How to Use Sildenafil Tablet?
Mainly there are two routes of administration, by mouth, and by intravenous (inject into the vein). For erectile dysfunction, Sildenafil is available in tablet form (mg dose). 25 mg and 50 mg are the most common oral doses for ED treatment.
It is always recommended to use the medicine as per your doctor’s guidance or by following the prescription given by your healthcare provider. If you have any concerns or any doubt regarding the use of Sildenafil, feel free to ask your doctor about it.
Use of Sildenafil for Erectile Dysfunction:
Sildenafil is only for adults, it is strictly prohibited for children, and women.
- Adults Under 65 Years Old: Recommended to take the 50 mg dose once a day, 1 hour before sexual intercourse.
- Adults above 65 Years Old: Recommended to take a 25 mg dose once a day, 1 hour before sexual intercourse.
How does Sildenafil work?
Sildenafil works by blocking the PDE5 enzyme through the PDE5 inhibitor, which regulates the blood flow to the penis, and smooths the muscles.
PDE5 or Phosphodiesterase 5 is an enzyme found in the smooth muscle wall of the corpus cavernosum. It affects the blood flow toward the penis. In this situation, the PDE5 inhibitor acts against the enzyme by blocking it. It blocks the enzyme to stop affecting the blood flow, relaxes the blood vessels, and makes easy the blood flow.
Missed Dose, Over Dose, & Storage:
Missed dose of Sildenafil will not affect you at all, but an overdose can. Overdose can affect your body badly internally, and outer. Read the below side effects that can cause by overdose.
Keep the medicine in a safe place, where the children and pets can’t reach. Store the medicine in a room temperature place, away from the direct sunlight.
What are the Side Effects of Sildenafil?
Sildenafil doesn’t give any side effects, if your medical history is clear, and you have cleared your diet and other drugs to your doctor. Mainly side effects occur because of overdose, drug interactions, and other medical history. You should stop taking Sildenafil and need to consult your doctor if any of the signs you are getting;
- Sudden changes in vision
- Painful erection
- Hearing loss
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Swelling in hands, feet, and ankles
- Shortness of breath
The above side effects need immediate doctor consultation, don’t ignore the signs.
- Back, and muscle pain
- Upset stomach
- Runny or stuffy nose
Warning and Precautions:
Precaution can clear the way of using Sildenafil medicine. Doctor consultation and precautions can help you from the serious side effect of Sildenafil. Here are things, that you should keep in your mind.
- Quantity of Dose: Do not take the overdose of the recommended dose. 1 pill of the recommended dose is enough a day because it last up to 4-5 hours. If you plan to have multiple intercourse at different times, adjust the dose, and quantity by discussing it with your doctor.
- Clear about the Medical History: Tell about your medical history clearly, if you have high or low blood pressure, heart problems, stomach ulcer, liver and kidney disease, sickle cell anemia, PVOD (pulmonary veno-occlusive disease), and diabetes.
- Women, Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Women are not allowed to use Sildenafil for any kind of sexual dysfunction, but they are prescribed for pulmonary arterial hypertension. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult especially to a doctor before using it. It may affect the child.
- Drug Interaction: It immediately interacts with the Nitrate drug, that is used for heart problems or chest pain. Blood pressure will decrease suddenly, after the interaction of Sildenafil, and Nitrate. Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide dinitrate, and Isosorbide mononitrate are some of the nitrate medicine, that can give you serious side effects with Sildenafil.
- Keep Away: keep the medicine away from children, and pets. It can be dangerous for them.