As discussed above Revatio 20 mg is a considerable medicine to treat erectile dysfunction but it can also treat Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. It is a condition in men where the blockages of arteries in the heart & lungs lead to shortness of breathing, dizziness & chest pain.
And the use of Revatio can help to ease the blood vessels to relax which will allow the blood to flow properly.
How Revatio 20 mg helps in erection:-
Generally, an erection occurs with the presence of sexual stimulation. And this erection is maintained by the release of Nitric Oxide(NO) & production of cGMP( cyclic guanosine monophosphate). Where cGMP is responsible to maintain the erection by keeping a constant flow of blood to the penile region.
But for individuals suffering from ED, the release of the Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) enzyme works as a barrier for cGMP. Which affects the blood flow that creates a hanging-like structure of the penis referred to as erectile dysfunction.
So with the use of Revatio 20 mg, the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate works as a PDE-5 inhibitor. Where the PDE-5 is blocked resulting in the acceleration of cGMP production. Which creates the action of erection by supplying an adequate flow of blood to the penis. This erection is much firmer & maintains for a longer period that satisfies the sexual desire of a man.
How to consume Revatio 20 mg:-
There are certain ways in which Revatio 20 mg can be taken to enhance its effectiveness. Read the manual instructions written on the product package otherwise, you can talk to the pharmacist for an overall idea. Here are some tips regarding the use of Revatio 20 mg:-
Follow the doctor’s instructions on how to use the medicine. Don’t use more or less of the prescribed dose.
The medicine can be taken with or without food depending on the doctor’s advice. But most users choose to take light meals for quick ingestion into the bloodstream.
Revatio 20 mg is more effective when taken at a proper time. Take the tablet 45 minutes before as it takes 1 hour to produce the effect. Sexual arousal is a must to get an erection as Revatio alone can’t get you an erection.
Don’t try to crush, break or chew the tablet by thinking that it can work faster but rather it will not work effectively in giving an erection.
Precautions to be taken Before Using Revatio 20mg:-
Awareness of the use of Revatio will help a user to tackle unexpected scenarios or any certain health consequences. As precautions are the guiding steps through which you take necessary steps. Some of the precautions are:-
- List all the medicines that you are using before including any type of supplement or otc products.
- Don’t use Revatio 20 mg while using medicines related to heart problems, high or low blood pressure, or bleeding problems.
- Blood circulation problems, retinitis pigmentosa, blindness in one or both eyes, a stomach ulcer, pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD), liver or kidney disease, blood cells disorder, a physical deformity of the penis, hypotension, epistaxis & hearing Loss are some of the health conditions in which Revatio 20 mg is strictly restricted.
- Don’t use any kind of recreational drugs, alcohol & food items that contain grapes as it can lead to severe side effects.
- Driving or engaging yourself in any kind of strenuous activity can lead to feelings of dizziness and flushing.
- Talk to the doctor for a better idea about the necessary precautionary steps to be taken in case of any doubt.
Side Effects of Revatio 20 mg:-
Side effects are mild & short term so there is no need to get panic if you see or feel. Below is a list of side effects of Revatio that can take place along with the chances.
Some of the Common Side Effects are:-
- Trouble breathing
- Trouble sleeping
- Muscle pain
Rare or Severe Side Effects:-
- Prolonged Erection
- Hearing Loss
- Vision Loss
Headache & indigestion are the most common side effects of Revatio 20 mg. And in case any of the rare side effects remain for more than 1 week kindly visit a doctor.
Drug Interactions of Revatio 20 mg:-
The interaction of drugs can lead to various things either it can lower the effectiveness of a medicine or it can cause some severe side effects related to health.
For a better awareness of the interactions below is a list of medicines that can help you check the drug interaction of Revatio 20 mg.
The list includes:-
- Nitrates or Guanylate Cyclase Stimulators
- Drugs used for chest pain
- Medicines used for antifungals
- Medicines used for leprosy or tuberculosis
- Taking medication for stomach ulcer
- HIV Protease Inhibitors
Some of these listed medications can lead to an instant drop in blood pressure while others can lower the effect of Revatio 20 mg. Talk with the doctor regarding the use of any medicines as it is not possible to list all the medicines here which can interact with Revatio 20 mg.
Commonly Asked Questions:-
Can I use Revatio 20 mg for PAH?
Yes, you can use Revatio 20 mg for PAH. Consult with the doctor before use of it. As there are different forms of Revatio 20 mg.
Is Viagra & Revatio are same?
It can be a partial yes as the main ingredient in both of the medicines is Sildenafil. And the outcomes are also the same. The only difference is the price. Where Revatio is cheaper than Viagra.