Showing all 2 results
Revatio is a brand name for the generic medicine called Sildenafil Citrate. It is a prominent medicine used for the purpose of treating Erectile Dysfunction(ED) or Impotence. The consumption of Revatio works for dilating or relaxing the blood vessels that reduce elevated blood pressure & improves blood flow.
Apart from treating ED, Revatio is the primary choice to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension(PAH) in adults. With the ability to treat various health conditions, you can buy Revatio online at attractive prices.
The generic drug Sildenafil Citrate is an effective PDE-5 inhibitor, assisting an individual to perform sexual intercourse in a better way.
Uses of Revatio
As discussed above Revatio is used to treat health conditions like:-
ED is a men’s problem where an individual is not able to maintain or withstand the natural erection of the penis. Causing the inability to perform sexual activities naturally.
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension(PAH)
PAH is a disease of high blood pressure that causes shortness of breath and dizziness by affecting the arteries in the lungs and the right side of the heart.
Dose Availability & Its Usage
There are 32 doses of Revatio currently available in the market.
- Revatio 5 mg
- Revatio 10 mg
- Revatio 20 mg
The above doses are prescribed to an individual after considering the current health conditions.
Usage of Revatio
According to age, the doses of Revatio are segregated into:-
Dosage For Adults
The initial dose for adults is 10 mg to see the effectiveness. If it doesn’t show the desired outcome then the doctor may advise or change the dose to 20 mg. Mainly depending on the severity of ED & tolerability of the body.
Dosage For Elderly People
Elderly people are advised to start with a dose of 5 mg. There may be a chance to increase the dose, but not in all elderly people.
How to take Revatio
There are certain ways to make the best use of any medicine to get the desired result. Some of the ways that should be used to enhance the effectiveness of Revatio are listed below.
- Adhering to the doctor’s recommendation strictly.
- Sticking to the mentioned dose.
- Consume the tablet before 45 minutes as it takes 1 hour to reach effectiveness.
- Choose to eat the tablet with light meals for faster ingestion into the bloodstream.
- Take the tablet wholly with water.
Following the above steps will help to get better results by eliminating ED.
How Revatio Works to Maintain an Erection
In the case of erectile dysfunction, revatio plays an important role. Where it dilates the blood vessels & relaxes the muscles in the penis allowing the blood to flow properly to maintain an erection. Because erection happens when there is a healthy & increased flow of blood making the penis larger and firmer.
To maintain the flow of blood an enzyme called cGMP( cyclic guanosine monophosphate) is released along with Nitric Oxide. That facilitates constant & sufficient flow of blood to the penile area.
Whereas another enzyme called Phosphodiesterase type 5(PDE-5) stops the erection by breaking down the flow of cGMP. This PDE-5 releases too soon causing erectile dysfunction.
And here Sildenafil Citrate the incorporated drug in Revatio comes into action by blocking the PDE-5 and maintaining the blood flow to the penis which results in an erection that is firmer & maintains for a longer period.
Precautions & Warnings before the use of Revatio
Generally with the consumption of certain medicines, it is advised to ask the doctor about the precautions that should be taken. Similarly, Revatio comes with certain precautions that need to be followed. First, talk with the doctor regarding the use of any kind of medicine that could cause severe reactions with Revatio. Don’t use Revatio if you have the below-mentioned conditions:-
- heart problems (chest pain, a heart rhythm disorder, heart attack)
- high or low blood pressure
- blood circulation problems
- retinitis pigmentosa (an inherited condition of the eye);
- blindness in one or both eyes
- bleeding problems
- a stomach ulcer
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD)
- liver or kidney disease
- blood cells disorder such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- a physical deformity of the penis (such as Peyronie’s disease)
- been told you should not have sexual intercourse for health reasons.
- Hearing Loss
- Using any type of recreational drugs
- Don’t engage in any type of strenuous physical activity
- Don’t take high doses of alcohol
Talk to your doctor about the safe use of Revatio. Any of the above precautions can give you adverse effects if used under the therapy of Revatio.
What are the Side Effects of Revatio
The doctor will let you know about the side effects of using Revatio before prescribing you. Initial use of Revatio can show frequent side effects but will only remain for 1-2 weeks. List of possible side effects of Revatio:-
Common Side Effects
- Bleeding nose
- Upset stomach
- Muscle aches and pain
- Back pain
- Sleeping issue
Serious Side Effects
- Decrease in blood pressure.
- Decrease in eyesight
- Short-term loss of hearing
- Priapism or Painful erection for 4 hours.
Talk to your doctor for more clarified information about the side effects of Revatio. can cause frequent side effects but the effect can’t be seen in every individual. Proper use of medicine will eliminate the cause of side effects & these are short-term & mild.
How To Manage Side Effects
Some of the tips to manage the side effects are:-
- Talk to the doctor if the side effects are persisting constantly.
- Loose light meals or smaller meals for easy digestion.
- Don’t eat fried, junk, or fatty meals as it can lead to stomach upset.
- Take the proper amount of water which will help in maintaining the hydration of the body.
What are the drug interactions with Revatio?
Drug interaction refers to the change in the mechanism of a drug due to the concomitant or influence of another drug. By which the efficacy of one drug becomes less effective & may lead to a severe deterioration of the health condition. Some of the drugs or medicines are:-
- Nitrates or Guanylate Cyclase Stimulators
- Drugs used for chest pain
- Medicines used for antifungals
- Medicines used for leprosy or tuberculosis
- Taking medication for stomach ulcer
- HIV Protease Inhibitors
Talk with the doctor regarding the use of any medicine including the above drugs. Which will not cause any adverse effects on the health of a user.
Storage Of Revatio
- Check the product package or the leaflet of the medicine for more in-depth insight.
- Ask the pharmacologist about the storage
- Keep away it from the children
- Place it in a tight container
Commonly Asked Questions:-
Can Revatio be used for ED & PAH?
Yes, Revatio can be used for both conditions like ED & PAH. But the consumption of is different in both the health conditions. Talk to the doctor for better clarification.
How Revatio work to eradicate ED?
Revatio works as a PDE-5 inhibitor & acts as a blocker for the release of PDE-5. This action leads to the working of the cGMP enzyme. That assists in a proper flow of blood to the penis erection tissue known as corpus cavernosum.
How long does Revatio last?
Revatio effects usually last up to 4 hours, but not the erection. Though you can have multiple erections in the time frame.