Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a prevalent condition in nearly 52% of men worldwide. It is a disorder where an individual isn’t able to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual intercourse. With the use of Levitra, the underlying cause is an inadequate flow of blood to the penis. Where Levitra 60 mg assist in maintaining the blood flow by facilitating a proper erection.
How To Use Levitra 60 mg?
While using Levitra 60 mg follow the doctor’s guidelines for a better outcome. Check out some of the best practices of Levitra:-
- Consult a healthcare professional who can evaluate your medical history and assess whether the medication is appropriate for you.
- You can take the tablet with or without food depending on the doctor’s advice.
- Consider using a light meal for quick absorption into the blood.
- Take the tablet 30-40 minutes prior before indulging in sexual intercourse. As it takes 1 hour to reach the maximum effectiveness.
- Taking Levitra can’t help in getting an erection until some foreplay or sexual stimulation doesn’t takes place.
Follow these steps to expect an improvement in your erection leading to better sexual performance.
Functioning Of Levitra 60 mg:-
Erection in a man takes place when he is sexually aroused. This arousal leads to the stimulation of Nitric Oxide(NO) working as a gaseous messenger. Stimulation of NO produces cGMP one of the enzyme. Responsible for the smoothness of penile muscles & opening of arteries in the penile region. This combined action leads to a proper flow of blood creating a natural erection.
But another enzyme found inside the wall of the penis releases quickly to create a hindrance for cGMP. This hindrance restricts the blood flow making the penis lose its firmness which is referred to as ED.
After consuming Levitra, the incorporated medicine Verdanafil works as a PDE-5 inhibitor. Which reinstates the erection by blocking the PDE-5 resulting in the working of cGMP again. This erection caused by Levitra provides a firmer & longer-time frame of erection.
Note:- Sexual stimulation is a mandatory thing to get an erection.
Precautions Before Using Levitra 60 mg:-
Before using Levitra 60 mg it is better to know about the precautions so that any
unwanted things can be avoided. Similarly, there are certain precautions or safety warnings that should be kept in mind before using Levitra 60 mg. Refer to below for the safety tips.
- Strict to the doctor’s advice regarding the use of Levitra 60 mg.
- Don’t take 2 tablets in between 24 hours it can result in an overdose, even if you are trying to perform multiple sexual activities.
- Avoid taking any strenuous activity the day after the use of Levitra.
- Don’t drive or use any type of heavy machinery objects.
- Avoid consumption of Levitra with alcohol. It can lead to more dizziness and can impair the inability to cause an erection.
- Any food items containing grapes should be strictly avoided otherwise, it can cause severe side effects
Talk with the doctor about further precautions that you should avoid rather than welcoming unexpected scenarios.
Side Effects Of Levitra 60 mg:-
Side effects of Levitra 60 mg can vary from individual to individual depending on the body’s growth. Below are some of the side effects that are bifurcated into common & potential.
Common side effects:-
- Slightly low blood pressure
- Stuffy nose
Potential Side Effects:-
- Allergic reaction
- Back pain
- Chest Pain
- Heart Palpitation
- Slight vision loss
With regular use of Levitra 60 mg side effects can’t be seen as the body will get used to it. If any of the above side effects remain for 1-2 weeks then immediately consult a doctor.
Disease Interaction With Levitra:
Some of the diseases listed below can worsen the current condition if it is used with Levitra 60 mg.
- Allergic to Vardenafil or certain medications.
- Chest pain.
- Have a history of stroke, heart attack, or congestive heart failure.
- Physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- Bleeding disorders such as hemophilia.
- Stomach ulcers.
- Vision or hearing problems.
- Suffering from seizures.
- Suffering from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, angina, etc.
- Suffering from blood sickle anemia, leukemia, or multiple myeloma.
In every matter of medicine, consultation with a doctor is a must part. Similarly, if any individual has these conditions & wants to use Levitra 60 mg should talk to an expert Urologist.
Levitra Interaction With Other Drugs:-
Interaction of mentioned drugs with Levitra can reduce its efficacy of it & can cause severe side effects. Check out some of the listed drugs for more clarification.
- Antifungal medications
- HIV Protease inhibitors
- Other medicines for ED
Communicate with the doctor regarding any medicine that you are using currently to avoid any type of mishap.
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s or your healthcare professional’s specific storage guidelines. However, here are some general guidelines for the storage of Levitra 60 mg:-
- Read the storage instructions on the drug container carefully.
- Store Levitra 60 mg at 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Avoid exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Place the medicine in a tight container and keep it away from the children.
- Dispose of the medicine in a proper way if it is expired.
Substitutes To Levitra:-
Just like other medications Levitra 60 mg also has substitutes or alternatives with the same performance ability. Some of the substitutes for Levitra 60 mg are:-
Some other alternatives are penile injections, penile transplants & vacuum erection devices. Check with the doctor before choosing any alternative, as different medicines can react differently in the body.
Commonly Asked Questions:-
What is the shelf life of Levitra 60 mg?
Levitra 60 mg can be stored for up to 3 years. If it is kept in a proper environment.
Is Levitra 60 mg suitable for everyone suffering from erectile dysfunction?
Levitra 60 mg may not be suitable for everyone suffering from ED due to various health conditions. So it is recommended to consult with a doctor for better information.
How Much Time Does Levitra Last?
The effects of Levitra 60 mg can be felt for up to 4 hours. If the erections persist then contact the doctor.